4th at Firestone
16th Annual 4th at Firestone
- July 4, 2018
- 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Main Event; 9:30 p.m. Fireworks Display
- Miners Park, 170 Grant Ave.
- 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. American Legion Auxiliary's Pancake Breakfast
- 7:00 a.m. Firecracker 5k Registration
- 7:330 a.m. Firecracker 5k Race Start
- 10:00 a.m. Parade Begins at 600 Fifth Street, Frederick CO.
- 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Main event at Festival Central
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Music by Idlewhile
- 11:35 - 11:45 a.m. Performance by TBA
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Parade arrives at Festival Central
- 12:00 p.m. National Anthem, Veterans Recognition, Parade Awards
- 12:45 - 1:45 p.m. Music by Clandestine Amigo Trio
- 1:48 - 1:58 p.m. Performance by Integrity Martial Arts
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Music by Moors & McCumber
- 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Performance by Firestone PD K9 Demo
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Music by Blues Recluse
- 7:00 p.m. Begin parking for Fireworks Display
- 9:30 p.m. Begin Fireworks Display
About the Event
The 4th at Firestone has become not only Firestone’s premier annual community event, but also a regional attraction to celebrate America’s birthday. This event has continued to increase in participation, drawing thousands of people to Firestone for family-oriented fun and entertainment throughout the day.
The festivities begin at 7 a.m. with the American Legion Auxiliary’s pancake breakfast lasting until 9 a.m. This will take place at 870 1st Street, Firestone, CO 80520. Also the Carbon Valley Park and Recreation District will sponsor the Firecracker 5k that will take runners through a tour of the Carbon Valley communities. Registration for the race is at 7 a.m. and the race will start at 7:30 a.m.
The parade weaves its way from Thunder Valley K-8 through Historic Firestone to Miners Park for the celebration. Floats, decorated vehicle displays, marching bands, classic cars, motorcycles and more will compile a parade lineup that residents and festival attendees will not want to miss. This is the perfect time for people to show their American pride by lining the streets in celebration. The festival will include a showcase of business, children, food nonprofit vendors. Free activities will include a climbing wall, bungee trampoline, inflatable jumps, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, horseshoes, games and more. A highlight of the event for the holiday will include the presentation of the colors by the Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District Color Guard and recognition of local veterans. Outstanding live entertainment throughout the day will include a mix of music.
The 4th at Firestone evening event has all kinds of fun, games, music, local vendors and local food trucks offering tasty selections. Don't miss a spectacular fireworks display to wrap up a great day of celebration.
Be a Part of the 4th at Firestone
Supporting Firestone community events through a sponsorship not only allows businesses and organizations to gain regional visibility, but it strengthens community relations and allows the event to flourish.
Businesses, organizations and nonprofits gain exposure and customer connections by having a booth at the event. The main vendor event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
VENDOR APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Food Vendors - PLEASE CALL 303-833-3544 TO CHECK AVAILABILITY
Food vendors will be limited to the first eight vendors to sign up with a completed application and paid vendor fee. Food vendor specialties will also be limited and determined by the Communications and Community Outreach Coordinator, such as no more than one kettle corn vendor. Please note that the Town of Firestone offers up to 2,000 free snow cones to attendees.
Evening Food Vendors
Up to 5 food vendors can apply to come back for the Fireworks Show in Central Park. Food vendors will be limited and determined by the Events & Programming Coordinator. Please select the box on the application to be considered.
Food vendors must submit:
- Weld County Health Department Temporary Food Event Application - New Vendor
- Weld County Health Department Temporary Food Event Application - Previously Licensed in Weld County Vendor
- Copy of the vendor’s Colorado Retail Food Establishment License
- Copy of the vendor's Colorado sales tax license
- Copy of the vendor's current Mobile License (if applicable)
- Certificate of Insurance listing the Town of Firestone as additionally insured (Address must read: Town of Firestone, 151 Grant Ave., Firestone, CO 80520)
Be a part of this dynamic parade. There is no entry fee.
PARADE APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
The 4th at Firestone celebration allows local groups to perform for attendees. Time slots of 10 minutes are on a first come, first serve basis and limited to only four throughout the day. Groups can only sign up for one time slot unless additional spaces are open after deadline.
Volunteering offers a great deal of satisfaction, and a chance to give back to the community.
Complete Online Volunteer Application
Print Volunteer Application