Running for Office in Firestone
Candidates interested in running for Firestone Mayor or a Trustee position in the April 3rd election were required to submit a completed Nomination Petition Packet in person at Town Hall by Jan. 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Visit the Colorado Secretary of State website for additional campaign rules and regulations.
From time to time, the Town may participate in coordinated elections held by Weld County. These elections take place in November of any given year. To find out more about voting locations, important dates or to check your voter registration information for coordinated elections, contact the Weld County Clerk and Recorder.
1401 North 17th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631
Online: Register to vote online at www.govotecolorado.com
In Person: Register in person at the Weld County Election Office, 1401 N. 17th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631, or any designated Voter Service and Polling Location up to and including Election Day.
- To verify you are registered, visit www.govotecolorado.com
- Update or change your voter registration information online through the Colorado Secretary of State
- To register to vote in this election you must be a United States citizen and be at least 18 years-old on or before the date of the election
Political Sign Code
According to the Firestone Municipal Code, Section 17.31.030(N), election/campaign signs do not require a permit as long as they are located on private property and provided that:
- The size and location of those signs do not create a hazard for automobile or pedestrian traffic or public nuisance
- All such signs are removed within one week after the elections to which they relate