Smart Irrigation Controller Giveaway
The Town of Firestone received a Water Efficiency Grant from the Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) in the fall of 2016. As part of the grant there is a pilot program to retrofit 50 qualifying residential homes with a smart irrigation controller. Beginning Jan, 1, 2017, residents are encouraged to apply to be 1 of 50 residents to receive the smart irrigation controller for free.
How Can Residents Apply
To be a qualifying residence, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicant must be Town of Firestone water utilities customer.
- Program is not available for new construction.
- Only single-family residential properties can apply.
- Only one application can be submitted per property.
- At least one year of prior water usage at the property is required to qualify.
- Prior year’s total water consumption must be 175,000 gallon or more to qualify for this program.
- Applicant must have and maintain Wi-Fi service at the property at all times. The smart irrigation controller must be continuously connected to Wi-Fi to operate the evapotranspiration weather information connection. This network connection will need to be established during installation.
- Smart irrigation controller retrofit must be installed and applicant must schedule an onsite inspection of controller retrofit with the Town of Firestone within 30 days of receipt.
- Other requirements maybe required. Please see official application for a complete list.
Key Features of the Smart Irrigation Controller:
- Wireless rain and freeze sensor is included.
- Up to eight stations.
- Station run times can range between 1 minute and 6 hours.
- Watering day schedules can be custom days of the week - odd or even calendar days - and cyclic (such as every two days, or every three days, etc.).
- Controller may be set to 12-hour AM/PM and/or 24-hour mode.
- Controller has 365-day calendar back up against power interruptions.
- Controller can be remotely accessed via Mobile App using an Apple iOS or Android compatible mobile device with internet access.
Key Mobile App Features:
- Controller view shall display an image of the controller with name, station or zone list and local weather report.
- Expanded view shall allow remote programming of irrigation schedules including a manual watering feature.
- Calendar view shall show a graphical representation of the selected controller irrigation schedule.
- Remote control view shall provide instant access to manual operation for each station or zone.
- Controller settings view shall provide configuration and editing of controller information, network settings and notification preferences.
Please visit Town Hall for a complete list of controller and mobile app features.