Special Event Application
What is a Special Event?
A special event means an organized procession or assembly of 25 or more people requiring the exclusive use of all or a portion of a public right-of-way, public park, recreation area or other Town facility; involving the temporary closure of public rights-of-way; requiring traffic control; or creating a public safety hazard. Examples of special events, include but are not limited to, festivals, celebrations, carnivals, races, parades, fundraisers, fairs, rodeos, camps and other similar activities.
In an effort to make the event application experience as smooth and efficient as possible, the Town has created an informational packet to help groups plan an event and understand the requirements associated with hosting a special event on public property in the Town of Firestone.
Special Event Application Process
The Town of Firestone’s Clerk office will act as the single point of contact with the Town, and will coordinate most approvals internally. The Clerk office can answer questions event planners may have about conducting a special event in the Firestone community. The success of each event relies upon an event planner providing the Town with complete and detailed information. The Town's role is not to plan the special event, but to help the event planner with the process, approve required permits and applications, and help to head off any potential problems or concerns.
Special Event Application Forms
All forms are available for download below or at the Town Clerk's office, 151 Grant Ave. in Firestone. Event planners will only need to submit the forms applicable to their particular event.
- Special Event Application Packet - include all forms
- Special Event Planning Checklist - utilize this checklist to determine which forms need to be submitted
- Form 1 - Special Event Application
- Site Plan - Event planners must submit a site plan with a Special Event Application. The following maps will help design the site plan. For additional maps, please contact the Clerk office.
- Form 2 - Special Event Rules & Regulations
- Form 3 - Sanitation & Waste Management Plan
- Form 4 - Emergency Services Plan
- Form 5 - Parade & Race
- Form 6A - Temporary Street Closure
- Form 6B - Special Event Street Closure Petition
- Form 7 - Building, Structures & Power Sources
- Form 8A - Entertainment & Vendors
Weld County Department of Public Health & Environment - Temporary Event Brochure
Weld County Department of Public Health & Environment - Event Coordinator Application for Temporary Food Event
Weld County Department of Public Health & Environment - Vendor Application for Temporary Food Event
Weld County Department of Public Health & Environment - Vendor Short Form for Temporary Food Event
- Form 8A - Entertainment Petition
- Form 9 - Event Security
- Form 10 - Event Signage
- Form 11 - Hazardous Conditions Application
- Form 12 - Special Event Liquor Application & Firestone Special Event Liquor Permit Guide
Town of Firestone Event Sponsorship Package
Special events hosted in Firestone may provide a proposal to the Town for consideration of a sponsorship for in-kind services.
The Town of Firestone will conduct a review process upon receipt of the application and will contact the event planner when the application has been completely processed by all of the appropriate departments, or if there is incomplete information or something that requires modification. Approval or denial of your application will occur approximately 30 days prior to your event.
Submitting a Special Event Application
Submit completed forms and application fees via mail or email to:
Town of Firestone
151 Grant Ave./PO Box 100
Firestone, CO 80520
Once the application has been approved, the event planner will receive a Special Event Permit from the Town.