Kick-off Independence Day with our beloved parade, starting at 10 a.m. Floats, decorated vehicle displays, marching bands, classic cars, motorcycles and more will compile a parade lineup that residents and festival attendees will not want to miss. This is the perfect time for people to show their American pride by lining the streets in celebration.
In an attempt to keep the parade in Firestone, we have changed the parade route this year. Starting now on 4th Avenue, the route will weave through Historic Firestone and finish along First Street, as it has in years past. Parade route is approximately 1.1 miles from start to finish.
- Parade will head south on 4th Avenue to Monmouth Avenue
- Head west on Monmouth Avenue to 2nd Avenue
- Move south on 2nd Avenue to Berwick Avenue
- Move south to Berwick Avenue
- Take Berwick west to First Street
- Finish northward stretch up First Street
- Parade ends at the intersection of Grant Avenue and First Street
Route will be closed starting at 7 a.m. and drivers should make sure they plan ahead. Parking along the route will be prohibited. Residents must remove parked vehicles on the course before the start of the parade.
No public viewing in the destaging area north of Grant Avenue (behind Safeway). Please keep this area clear of vehicles and pedestrians for the safety of our parade participants.
All parade entries are free of charge, but an application must be submitted. The parade application deadline is Friday, June 23, 2023, no later than 5:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES will be accepted.