Historic Firestone Neighborhood Plan Kick-Off
The Town of Firestone is kicking off a planning process for the Historic Firestone Neighborhood. All neighborhoods evolve over time. The purpose of the plan is to ensure that as our community grows, the Historic Firestone neighborhood continues to be a vibrant, lively, safe, well-kept, clean and inclusive environment for both residents and commercial property owners. The plan will provide an evaluation of the conditions and uniqueness of the original Town site and present goals and policies to guide future Town decisions in regard to the area. It is intended to assist in the investment of commercial uses as well as provide enhancements for the residents based on their values and needs.
For a successful plan, we need your input! All are welcome and encouraged to participate. The plan process will occur between now and November 2021. The schedule of community outreach is evolving but please note the upcoming dates:
- Friday, June 18 – Come by the interactive information booth at the Food & Flick Friday event at Harney Park from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 13: Community Meeting #1 – Join us for a dialogue to identify issues and opportunities and begin establishing a vision for the neighborhood.
Location: Town Hall, 151 Grant Avenue
Time: 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 16 – Come by the interactive information booth at the Food and Flick Friday at Hart Park from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 6 – Come by the interactive information booth at Bite Club at Miners Park from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Events to be Scheduled:
- A catalytic project design workshop in early August
- Community Meeting #2 on project priorities, emerging concepts and goal setting in mid-September
- Community Meeting #3 on the draft plan in early November
Dates, times and locations will be announced at a later date.