Business Related Licenses

Safeway Monument Sign

Businesses operating within the Town of Firestone may be required to file one or more license applications with the Town prior to conducting business activities.

Learn which license is needed for your business:


Contractors working on projects within the Town are required to obtain a Contractor's License no matter if the company is based in or out of Firestone. A Contractor business based within the Town of Firestone is additionally required to obtain a Business License - see below.

Contractor's License Information


The Town of Firestone requires the licensing of all business activities and enterprises physically located within the Town or operating within the Town.  This includes businesses that sell a product, provide a service, or are leasing property. Businesses operating out of a home within the Town of Firestone also require a Business License. Contractors not based in Firestone shall obtain a Contractor's License - see above.

If your business will be selling, renting, or leasing tangible personal property, you must also file sales tax returns with the State of Colorado for the State of Colorado sales tax rate of 2.9% and the Town of Firestone sales tax rate of 3.6%. Colorado generally does not impose a state sales tax on services. Firestone does not self-collect sales tax at this time. 

Refuse services shall obtain a Business License as well as provide required performance bonds. 

Business License Information


Businesses that sell alcohol are required to obtain a Liquor License from the State of Colorado and the Town of Firestone prior to selling any alcohol. Businesses that sell alcohol for a special event also are required to obtain a Liquor License. 

Liquor License Information

Other  Licensing Resources

Colorado Secretary of State Website
If you are a sole proprietor or general partnership and will be doing business under a name other than your own legal name(s), you much register your trade name with the Colorado Secretary of State. If your business will be a Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Company, Corporation, Registered Limited Liability Partnership, or a Limited Partnership Association, you must file with the Colorado Secretary of State.

Colorado Department of Revenue, Sales Tax Division
If you will have sales and/or employees, you must complete form CRO100, "Colorado Business Registration" with the Colorado Department of Revenue. If you have questions about whether or not your business will need a Sales Tax Certificate, you can call 303-238-SERV (7378). Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Internal Revenue
All forms of legal structure, except sole proprietors with no employees, must obtain a Federal Identification Number (FEIN). 

For FREE information on forming, registering, or growing a business please visit:

The Colorado Business Resource Book
East Colorado Small Business Development Center


  1. Finance

    Physical Address
    9950 Park Avenue
    Firestone, CO 80504

    Mailing Address
    9950 Park Avenue
    Firestone, CO 80504

    Fax: 303-531-6280