Police Recruit Program
Now Hiring Police Recruit!
The Firestone Police Department is a growing, professional agency seeking a Police Recruit to sponsor in the January 2024 Police Academy. Don’t miss this great opportunity to pursue a life-long career in law enforcement. Interested candidates must be 21 years of age; possess a High School diploma or GED. You do not need to be POST Certified.
As a Police Recruit, the Town of Firestone Police Department will provide structured training preceding your enrollment in the Academy in January 2024. Get paid while you attend the Academy, and upon graduation and earning your POST certification, you will become a Firestone Police Officer serving the best community in the front range.
View the complete job description and apply online here. Applications will be accepted through August 30, 2023.
Police Recruit Hiring Process
The Town of Firestone's Police Recruit hiring process will include the following steps*. All candidates will be notified following the completion of each phase of the process and whether or not they have been selected to continue on in the process. To view more about each step and to learn about Potential Disqualification Factors, view the Police Department’s Recruitment Process webpage here.
- Written Exam
- Obstacle Course
- Personal History and Release of Information Agreement
- Oral Board Interview
- Integrity Interview
- 1st Stage Psychological Exam
- Background Investigation
- Interview with the Command Staff
- Conditional Job Offer
- Physical and 2nd Stage Psychological Exam
- Interview with the Command Staff
- Official Offer of Employment
* Steps may not be completed in the order shown above.
About the Town of Firestone
With spectacular views of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Firestone is located on the northern edge of the Denver-Boulder metropolitan area along Interstate 25, midway between Denver and Fort Collins, just east of Longmont.
Serving 14.2 square miles, the department handles a diversified number of calls for service in both urban and rural areas of the Town. Officers are encouraged to know our neighbors and practice community policing, engaging residents so we may work together to identify and address problems.
Once employed as a Firestone Police Officer, you will benefit in both personal and professional growth. Career advancement opportunities are available to all officers and may include:
- School Resource Officer
- Drug Task Force Officer
- UAS Drone Program
- Members of Weld County SWAT Team
- Problem-Oriented Policing
- Members of the Regional Critical Incident Response Team
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Property and Evidence
- Peer Support Team
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Forensic Evidence Technician
The Town of Firestone is committed to providing a generous compensation package comprised of benefits, financial security, and work/life balance. As the selected individual for this position, you will receive:
- Academy sponsorship January 2024
- Full-time wages while attending the Academy
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Extended Paid Leave (EPL) Sick Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer-paid Group Life & AD&D
- Employer-paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life & AD&D (For self, spouse, and dependents)
- Supplemental electable plans: Accident, Hospitalization, and Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Savings Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- In-Station Exercise Facility
- Wellness Program: Employer-paid membership at Anytime Fitness-Firestone and Carbon Valley Recreation Center
- Upon being employed as a Town of Firestone Police Officer, you will be enrolled in the Fire and Police Pension Association (FPPA) of Colorado.