The Town of Firestone is excited to announce the launch of its newly updated website on Aug. 22, 2013. The website www.ci.firestone.co.us not only features a cleaner, easier layout to navigate, but also includes many new interactive tools such as email notifications, online forms and mobile apps to allow people to engage with the community of Firestone.
“Local government works best when there is open and transparent communication between town hall and the citizens we serve,” said Mayor Chad Auer. “Our new website is critical to Firestone’s success as a leader in effective government.”
The new navigation on the website allows people to easily find the information they are seeking:
• Government – Features information like agendas, boards and committees, municipal code and more.
• Town Services – Access to all the services in the town in a convenient department list.
• Your Community – Whether people are new to the area or long-time residents, this section is full of information regarding parks and recreation, library, nonprofits, community events, schools and more.
• Business – Business owners and contractors will find this section full of information about setting up a business with the town.
• Help Me Find – A large menu with links to frequently-used options.
The website includes comprehensive information on various community and government aspects, but also includes new features that focus on providing information and engaging with residents and website visitors, including:
• Business Directory – Search local businesses and organizations through a searchable database.
• Engage with Firestone - An open forum to allow people to submit ideas and engage in discussions about ways to improve the community.
• Notify Me – Sign up for email and text alerts from a variety of departments, including emergency alerts, job openings, agendas, calendar, events, press releases, Firestone Voice newsletter, public works, road construction and more.
• Report It – People can use the request tracker to report concerns and make suggestions.
• Online Forms and Payments - In addition to being able to pay water bills or court tickets online, residents can now have the option to pay many other items through our website. In addition, many of the forms on the website have the capability to be submitted directly online to avoid printing.
With the new website, the Town of Firestone will be able to increase its community engagement and enhance communication between residents and the local government.
Firestone underwent the redesign process with CivicPlus, a company specializing in government websites.