The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. this morning due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If you have structure issues or flooding you should evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7. There have been no injuries.
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742. We will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available. For more information, stay tuned to our website at www.ci.firestone.co.us or call the local Public Information Officer at 720-383-3730.
Road closures as of 10:05 a.m.:
1. East bound Firestone Blvd. from I-25 to Cimarron St.
2. Sable (CR 22) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
3. Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
4. Colorado Blvd from CR 18 to CR 20
5. CR 18 from Miller to Eagle
6. McClure Avenue in Firestone
7. CR 16 from I-25 to CR 11
8. Colorado Blvd. from CR 16 to Fifth St.
9. Colorado Blvd. from CR 12 to CR 8
10. Sable (CR 22) from CR 11 to Colorado Blvd.
11. Colorado Blvd. from CR 12 to CR 8
12. Colorado Blvd. from CR 12 to CR 11
13. Frontier CR (CR 15) from CR 10 to Highway 52
14. CR 15 from Highway 52 to CR 6
15. CR 12 from CR 11 to Mt. Albert
16. CR 12 from Glen Creighton to CR 15