The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. this morning due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If you have structure issues or flooding you should evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7. There have been no injuries.
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742. We will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available. For more information, stay tuned to our website at www.ci.firestone.co.us or call the local Public Information Officer at 720-383-3730.
Road closures as of 11:20 a.m.:
1. Firestone Blvd. from I-25 to Cimarron St.
2. Sable (CR 22) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
3. Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
4. Colorado Blvd. from Grant Ave. (CR 18) to Pine Cone Ave. (CR 20)
5. Gooding Hollow (CR 18) from Miller to Eagle
6. Tipple Parkway (CR 16) from I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
7. Colorado Blvd. from Tipple Parkway (CR 16) to Fifth St.
8. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
9. Sable (CR 22) from Birch (CR 11) to Colorado Blvd.
10. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
11. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
12. Frontier St. (CR 15) from CR 10 to Highway 52
13. Frontier St. (CR 15) from Highway 52 to CR 6
14. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Silver Birch (CR 11) to Mt. Albert
15. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Glen Creighton to CR 15
16. CR 10 from I-25 Frontage to CR 11
1. McClure and Johnson Avenue in Firestone - reopening at 12 p.m.