The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. this morning due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If you have structure issues or flooding you should evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7. There have been no injuries.
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742. We will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available. For more information, stay tuned to our website at www.ci.firestone.co.us or call the local Public Information Officer at 720-383-3730.
Road closures as of 4:28 p.m.:
1. Firestone Blvd. from I-25 to Cimarron St.
2. Sable (CR 22) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
3. Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
4. Colorado Blvd. from Grant Ave. (CR 18) to Pine Cone Ave. (CR 20)
5. Gooding Hollow (CR 18) from Miller to Eagle
6. Tipple Parkway (CR 16) from I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
7. All exits on I-25 at Highway 119
8. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
9. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
10. Frontier St. (CR 15) from CR 10 to Highway 52
11. Frontier St. (CR 15) from Highway 52 to CR 6
12. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Silver Birch (CR 11) to Mt. Albert
13. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Glen Creighton to CR 15
14. CR 10 from I-25 Frontage to CR 11
15. East I-25 Frontage Road closed from Highway 52 to Commerce
16. Colorado Blvd. from CR 26 to Highway 66
17. CR 26 is closed east and west of Colorado Blvd.
18. CR 7 from Highway 119 south to CR 20.5
19. McDavidson Circle at Highway 52
20. York (CR 11) from Highway 52 south to Eagle Meadow