The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. this morning due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If you have structure issues or flooding you should evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7. There have been no injuries.
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742. We will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available. For more information, stay tuned to our website at www.ci.firestone.co.us or call the local Public Information Officer at 720-383-3730.
Road Closures as of 4:33 p.m. on Friday Sept. 13th:
Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20):
• Wetland Loop east to Colorado Blvd.
• West I-25 Frontage Road to Aggregate Blvd (CR7)
Bulrush Blvd. (CR5)
• CR 20 to CR 18
• West I-25 Frontage Road to County Line Road (CR 1)
• Mountain Shadows to Highway 66
County Line (CR 1):
• CR 20.5 to Highway 119
• Highway 52 north to CR 16.5
• Highway 119 south to Godding Hollow Pkwy (CR 18)
• York to Holly (CR 15)
• I-25 on ramp
• CR 11.5 to Colorado Blvd.
East I-25 Frontage Road:
• Highway 66 to Business Park Circle
• CR 7 to County Line Road (CR 1)
Holly St. (CR 15):
• Highway 52 to CR 8
• CR 1 to CR 5
• Colorado Blvd to CR 23 both directions
I-25 & Highway 119:
• All exits on and off of I-25 & Highway 119 are closed
I-25 & Highway 52
• All exits on and off of I-25 & Highway 52 are closed
Gooding Hollow (CR 18):
• Miller to Eagle
Grand View Blvd. (CR 12):
• Colorado Blvd. to Mt. Albert
• Glen Creighton to CR 15
• Closed at Highway 52
Sable Ave. (CR 22):
• East I-25 Frontage Road to Birch (CR 11).
Tipple Parkway (CR 16):
• I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
York (CR 11):
• Highway 52 south to Eagle Meadow
Wetland loop between Wetlands Dr. and W. Conservation