The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. on Sept. 12, 2013 due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If you have structure issues or flooding you should evacuate. Evacuation sites have been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7, and at Erie Recreation Center, 450 Powers St.
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742.
For public information on road closures and evacuations, or for media inquiries, please call 720-263-6417.
For more information, stay tuned to our website at www.ci.firestone.co.us. We will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available.
Complete Updated List of Road Closures
Road Closures as of 8:52 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14th:
• Closed Highway 34 (Loveland) to Wyoming.
I-25 & Highway 119:• All exits are closed getting off of I-25, northbound and southbound.
Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20):
• Wetland Loop east to Colorado Blvd• Aggregate Blvd to Homestead Drive
Bulrush Blvd. (CR5)
• CR 20 to CR 18
CR 20.5:• West I-25 Frontage Road to County Line Road (CR 1)
• Mountain Shadows to Highway 66 (Road out)
County Line (CR 1):• CR 20.5 to Highway 119
• Highway 52 north to CR 16.5
CR 7:• Highway 119 south to Godding Hollow Pkwy (CR 18)
• York to Holly (CR 15)• I-25 on ramp
• CR 11.25 to Colorado Blvd.
East I-25 Frontage Road:• Highway 66 to CR 24.5
• CR 7 to County Line Road (CR 1)
Holly St. (CR 15):• Highway 52 to CR 8
• Colorado Blvd to CR 23
Gooding Hollow (CR 18):• Miller to Eagle
Grand View Blvd. (CR 12):
• Colorado Blvd. to Mt. Albert• Glen Creighton to CR 15
Sable Ave. (CR 22):
• East I-25 Frontage Road to Birch (CR 11)
Tipple Parkway (CR 16):• I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
York (CR 11):
• Highway 52 south to Eagle Meadow
Wetland loop between Wetlands Dr. and W. Conservation