I received a notice regarding a violation on my property; what do I do?

Follow the instructions given on the notice to correct the violation by the required date. If you do not understand the violation or have questions, call the officer whose name and phone number is provided on the notice.

Requesting additional time: If you cannot correct the violation by the date required on your notice, you must contact the issuing officer before that date. The officer will review your case to determine if there are any options for assistance or a possible extension. Extensions are not guaranteed but may be granted when need can be demonstrated.

If you choose not to comply: Further actions may be taken including administrative citations, summons to court, or abatement by the Town with the cost billed to the property owner.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I see trash or junk piled up somewhere?
2. At what point is grass or weeds considered “high” and in need of mowing?
3. Am I responsible for trimming my trees or shrubs that overhang beyond my property line?
4. Can I post signs around Town?
5. How many chickens and roosters may I have on my property?
6. Are pet licenses required for residents living in Firestone?
7. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?
8. What can I do about my neighbor’s barking dog?
9. Do I need a building permit for home improvement projects?
10. What can be done about an abandoned vehicle parked on the street?
11. What are the hours permitted for construction-related noise?
12. Am I responsible for clearing the snow and ice from the sidewalks by my house?
13. I received a notice regarding a violation on my property; what do I do?
14. How do I know if a property is located within the Town limits or County?
15. What is the status of the complaint I filed?