The Finance Committee serves as an advisory committee of the Board of Trustees concerning Town finances, the budget, and financial reporting. It consists of seven members: Town Manager, the Director of Finance, two Trustees, and three residents. The Town Manager and Director of Finance shall serve ex officio, while the Trustees and residents shall be appointed to a four-year term, April of even years.
The committee’s goals include:
- Review the Town’s annual draft budget, as well as, budgeting priorities and initiatives determined by the Town Board and provide feedback on inconsistencies and/or irregularities to the Town Board.
- Review financial policies developed and drafted by the Town Finance staff and provide comments and recommendations regarding such draft financial policies/procedures to the Town Board.
- Periodically review the need for rotation of the Town’s independent auditor.
- Interview selected qualified firms being considered to serve as the Town’s auditor. Make recommendations of the auditor for Town Board consideration and approval.
- Review the Town’s draft annual audit, monitor the Town’s established internal controls related to accounting procedures and functions, and provide recommendations regarding responses to the Town auditor’s management letter. Provide recommendations to the Town Board to accept the Town’s audited year-end financial statements.
Monthly, second Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.(as needed)
Agendas & Minutes
Agenda Center | Agendas are available 24 hours prior to the meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
To contact a Finance Committee member, please click their name below.