TOWN OF FIRESTONE
GEORGE E. HEATH COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP
The 2022 George E. Heath Community Scholarship has closed.
View more information about the 2022 scholarship recipients here Version OptionsCommunity ScholarshipsHeadlineTOWN OF FIRESTONE GEORGE E. HEATH COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP.
More information about 2023 scholarship opportunities will be posted in early 2023.
The Town of Firestone George E. Heath Community Scholarship Program was established to provide area students with scholarship aid for their academic excellence and community involvement to assist them in achieving educational goals following high school. The George E. Heath Community Scholarship is awarded to students for tuition expenses at the school of their choice.
All students residing in Firestone are eligible and are encouraged to apply. As a requisite for consideration, applicants must have actively participated in extracurricular and community service related projects in Firestone and the Carbon Valley area.
ABOUT GEORGE HEATH
On April 27, 2020, George Heath passed away peacefully at his home with loved ones by his side. The Heath Family have been loyal advocates of education and supporting Firestone youth over the years. The George E. Heath Community Scholarship Program will continue this legacy. George Heath served the Town of Firestone in varying capacities over the last 20 years. Most recently, he served as a Trustee for two full terms with the Firestone Board of Trustees. In addition to serving as a Trustee, George served on several boards, commissions, and committees, including the Town’s Planning and Zoning Commission, he was a founding member of the Carbon Valley Help Center, was an enthusiastic campaign supporter towards the ultimate success in building the Police Department & Municipal Court Building, he remained an active participant of Habitat for Humanity and was known to be the consummate ambassador for the Historic Firestone neighborhood. In his honor this scholarship was created.
2022 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD DETAILS
- The Town of Firestone will award up to two (2) $1,250 scholarships annually
- The applicant must be a resident of the Town of Firestone
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from an accredited high school or home school program
- The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- The applicant must have demonstrated involvement with extracurricular activities and community service
- The applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college, university, trade school, community college, junior college, or another qualifying program
- Awarded scholarship funds will be made directly to the school in the name of the recipient
SUPPORT THE SCHOLARSHIP
If an individual or business is interested in financially donating to the George E. Heath Community Scholarship, please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive the proper paperwork.